Saturday 11 December 2010

Dawn again ....

Dawn is still fighting for her life. She told me about an incident in the shower when her 'neck line' fell out, about blood everywhere and the indignity of having doctors and nurses jumping on her naked in the shower.  If you knew Dawn you would know that she has such inner dignity and how hard that would  be for her - although she made it sound so amusing.
I have to believe that she will come through. Her blood platelet count is 71 and it  needs to be 150.
I know she will pull through.
I find myself in a strange situation. I who co wrote a book about end of life is now communicating about the possible end of life with her end of life coach! What an irony.
 I have a certain suspicion that this is not entirely coincidence.  That when I chose Dawn to be my Coach that there was an unknow force behind that choice, but maybe not, maybe these are just the ramblings of a witness to an unfair struggle between life and death and trying to make sense of a situation that makes no sense at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment