Wednesday 8 December 2010

Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my first blog.  Today I spoke to my company's  End of Life coach Dawn, she is 40 and fighting for her life in a London hospital.  She played a big part in changing my life a couple of years ago when I was writing my book (End of Life the essential guide to caring) and at the same time considering leaving my partner of 10 years. I guess the relationship was coming to the end of its life too and I needed someone to help me make sense out of the chaos,  to help me to  find my voice and my feet and at 55 make the changes  that I needed to make and she did this. She did it with compassion and humour and empathy and I was so impressed with her that I asked if she would be the end of life coach for ELManagement,  my company, and she agreed. Two weeks ago after recording for BBC Berks she collapsed and now she is fighting for her own life. She has a rare blood disease. I told her today that I was sure she would pull through and use all of her experience to help those facing the end of their lives. I am overwhelmed with the irony and injustice of the situation she is facing and at the same time I am aware that there are so many people out there who are facing a similar injustice, who are talented, powerful and full of life and love and so much to give and yet are facing having all of this taken away. None of us can answer the questions that this situation throws up and platitudes just don't do it. So what does help?? Talking? Sharing? Sending support? Showing you care?? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment